Teachers at Maple Leaf Academy are certified, qualified and experienced ESL teachers.
We are pleased that you are interested in Maple Leaf Academy. To come to CANADA as an International Student, you need to know the following information. Please read each enclosed page carefully. For more information, please go to:
Maple Leaf Academy features the following international English programs:
• ESL (English as a Second Language)
• ESL Academic (IELTS)
Our ESL programs are aimed at students over the age of eighteen (18) who have graduated from High School.
All students must provide letters from themselves detailing why they would like to study at the Academy (Letter of Intent). This can be attached as a scanned or typed document.
Maple Leaf Academy offers:
• Intensive instruction in ESL training with low student/teacher ratio
• Maximum of 16 students per class
• Subjects cover listening/speaking, reading, writing/grammar, pronunciation, and Canadian culture
• Students can register for any number of weeks with a minimum of two (2) weeks starting on every Monday and Tuesday.
• Students enrolling in our ESL Academic program must qualify by passing a MLA placement test. MLA accepts students at the level equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmarks 1 to 7.
Please provide the following to Maple Leaf Academy:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of Intent
- Application Fee (Non-refundable)
- Proof of education (e.g., High School Diploma)
- Proof of health care coverage
* Insurance is available for purchase through the school
* Please ensure that all above information is complete and correct. Any missing information will result in a delay in the processing of your application.
Application form: Course Application Form
Payment can be made by certified cheque or money order payable to Maple Leaf Academy at:
#200, 731-6th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0T9
For wire transaction only:
Royal Bank of Canada
339 - 8th Avenue SW Calgary, Alberta
Account #: 1088632
Transit #: 00009
Bank #: 003
Please contact the High Commission, Embassy or Consulate in your country for the current immigration regulations. If the country where you reside does not have a Canadian Consulate, write to the one nearest to you or contact our school for more information. All international ESL students who wish to study for a period longer than six months require a Study Permit.
To apply for a Study Permit, a person must get an “Official Letter of Acceptance” (LOA) from the school. An “Official Letter of Acceptance” is issued after all Fees have been paid for the length of the time registered.
Medical Coverge and Health Care
Each student must show proof of medical insurance and liability coverage before being admitted to Maple Leaf Academy.
*If you do not have medical insurance options, Maple Leaf Academy offers student insurance at an extra cost.
Non-Canadian students, who intend to stay in Alberta for 12 consecutive months or more, will be permitted to apply for Alberta Health Care Insurance coverage. When applying, you must submit a copy of your Study Permit with your application form. If you will be in Alberta for less than 12 consecutive months, you are not eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance program, and you are required to find alternate medical insurance and liability coverage.
- Upon receipt and evaluation of the above requirements, MLA will notify the student regarding acceptance.
- Once accepted, the student will receive a Provisional Letter of Acceptance, and an invoice requesting payment of fees. Payments must be payable to MAPLE LEAF ACADEMY by certified cheque, bank draft, or wire transfer in Canadian funds. All service charges are the responsibility of the student.
- Upon receipt of the fees (registration and tuition), the student will receive an OFFICIAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE and an OFFICIAL RECEIPT via email. The student should then print 2 copies of the LOA. One copy should be presented to the Canadian Consulate in the student's country, so that a permit may be issued. The other is for the student's personal records. The student should also carry a copy of the LOA when travelling and a copy should also be left with the student's parents or guardians in their home country.
Maple Leaf Academy offers a homestay program for International Students who wish to experience Canadian family living. This is a great learning experience to enhance and learn Canadian Culture. For further information or assistance, please contact Maple Leaf Academy.
Placement Fee (non-refundable): $150.00 (CAD)
Full-Board (3 meals - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner): $880.00 (CAD) / 4 weeks
- Each additional day: $30.00
Half-Board (2 meals - Breakfast and Dinner): $820.00 (CAD) / 4 weeks
- Each additional day: $27.00
No meal: $600.00 (CAD) / 4 weeks
- Each additional day: $20.00
Airport Pick-up: $100.00
Airport Drop-off: $100.00
First and last month payments are due on the first day of homestay.
*Change of accommodation requires 30 days notice.
*No refunds will be made after the first date of the month.
Please see our Homestay Application Form:
***Registration Fee is non-refundable***
For more information about our tuition fees, please inquire within at 403-262-8851 or directly contact our ESL Registrar at email@example.com.
Withdrawals and Refund
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
All withdrawal requests must be made in writing and signed by the applicant. They must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to:
Maple Leaf Academy
#200, 731 6th Ave S.W.
Calgary, T2P 0T9
The Official Withdrawal Date will be the date the Letter of Withdrawal is received by Maple Leaf Academy.
Withdrawal Form: Please fill out this form when withdrawing
Withdrawal Procedure when a Visitor or Study Permit is denied:
- All fees, except the Registration Fee, will be refunded.
- The student must provide:
- A COPY OF THE LETTER FROM THE IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT stating that the Study Permit was denied.
Withdrawal procedure when a Visitor or Study Permit is received:
*A $150.00 withdrawal fee will be charged and deducted from the student's tuition.
- If a student withdraws from a program more than 30 days before the semester start date, all fees, except the Registration Fee, will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws more than one week but less than 30 days before the semester start date, 50% of the tuition will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws less than one week before the semester start date, or any time thereafter, no refund will be given
Further questions or request for more information about studying in Canada, should be made at the following address:
Maple Leaf Academy
#200, 731 6th Ave S.W.
Calgary, T2P 0T9
Tel: (403) 262-8851 Fax: (403) 262-8911
We are always available to answer your questions and provide you with further assistance and information.