Maple Leaf Academy is hiring full-time English instructors to teach English to children aged 3-12 in the city of Xi An, China, for Shanxi EA Education Technology Co. Ltd.
Shanxi EA Education Technology Co. Ltd. has four ESL Training Centers and two EA International Course Programs with two middle schools that number about 100 faculty members providing ESL and LTIP (Life Total Immersion Program) for about 500 children.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized Canadian University
- TEFL / TESOL or CELTA certificate preferred OR
- Bachelor or Masters degree in education
- 22-45 years old
- Clean criminal background and health check
- Previous related experience and a reference letter are an asset
- Teach English to children of age 3-12 in groups of up 10 students
- Deliver lessons and do some marketing
- Attend weekly meetings, workshops and do paper work as required
- Work five days/35 hours a week (25 teaching hours and 10 prep hours)
- Basic salary: 13,000-15,000 RMB = $2,554.70 - $2,974.73 CAD;
- Hourly rate: $18.25 - $21.06 CAD
- Overtime rate pay: $22.00 - $29.00 CAD
- Housing allowance: 1,500 RMB/month = $294.77 CAD
- Return ticket
- Visa support and legal residence permit
- Medical and accident insurance
- Paid public holidays and annual leave
- Airport pick up, if needed
- Birthday gift
- Opportunities for promotions
Please apply with a cover letter and resume for the attention of: Natasha Iskra, Programs Academic Manager by email or in person at #200, 731-6th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T3H 0K7
The application deadline is Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
Maple Leaf Academy accepts and welcomes practicum students who wish to teach adult students English proficiency using Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) protocol and grading in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
For this opportunity, please inquire within at 403-262-8851, or come in with your resume at #200, 731 6th Avenue SW. Please direct it to the Program Manager.
Are you interested in volunteering?
Are you looking to build your English, interact with students and professionals, and gain working experience? Come and volunteer at Maple Leaf Academy! We offer several volunteer opportunites that can fit your needs.
- Ability to work with others
- Interact with students, teachers, and staff
- Basic English knowledge
- Police Information Check
- English proficiency improvement
- Community connections
- Working alongside professionals
- Expanding your horizons
Apply online with our volunteer application located in the Forms section and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in person to our school!